Do you interact with international governments, diplomatic/consular staff, trade missions, or high-level corporate executives?
If so, are you observing the correct behaviour and protocols that will facilitate those interactions to a successful conclusion?
In The School of Etiquette’s intensive 4-day International Diplomacy and Protocol Advanced Masterclass, you will learn:
- The art of International and Corporate Diplomacy
- How to create an environment where you are aware of your role and responsibilities thereby reducing your anxiety when dealing with VIPs
- How to create a safe environment for fostering and facilitating your relationships.
We are aware that in dealings between countries or companies, the stakes are extremely high and the margins for rifts and errors are catastrophic, if not handled correctly.
In fact, without protocol, the potential for catastrophic errors and misunderstandings weighs heavily on the shoulders of those responsible.
Thorough knowledge of protocol is an indispensable skill for the proper handling of VIPs and for safeguarding the country/organisation’s reputation.
Corporate and Diplomatic Protocol, therefore:
- Helps you create a conducive environment for the initiation and fostering of good relations between countries or organisations and other countries.
- Trains you to ensure everything appears effortless and unplanned when in fact every movement is trained, planned, and practiced.
Benefits of Course:
- Confidence when meeting VIP’s
- Enhanced professional image
- Enhanced personal brand
- Mastering international protocol and personal diplomacy
- Confidence when attending business and social events
- Understanding business entertaining and dining
- Communication excellence
- Ability to work in cross-cultural environments
Who should attend?
- National government officials
- International organisations staff
- Practicing diplomats, civil servants, and those who wish to refresh or expand their knowledge of international protocol
- Corporate/business executives
- Diplomatic/government protocol officers
- PR consultants
- Meeting and special events professional/consultants,
- Corporate executives and managers
- International and regional organizations staff, NGO staff
- Executive/legal administrative professionals
- Human relations professionals
- Global entrepreneurs
- Those who wish to improve their understanding of international protocol and those whose profession requires communicating and socializing in the global marketplace.
- Protocol Officer Responsibilities
- Diplomacy and Understanding Diplomatic Ranks
- Hosting International Visits
- 5 Phases to Planning and Executing State Visits
– Pre-arrival Stage
– Achieving Objectives
– Technical Operations
– Invitations and Social Affairs
– Titles of Address
- Seating Protocol
- Flag Protocol
- Hanging of Official Photographs
- Conference Planning
- The Qualities of Presence
- Self Esteem
- Body Language
- Eye Contact
- Building Rapport
- Preparing for Meetings
- Attending meetings
- Cultural Etiquette
- First Impressions and Making an Entrance
- Improving Mingling Proficiency
- Choosing a Group
- Joining a Group
- Small Talk
- Telephone and Email Etiquette
- Elevator Pitches
Mens and Women's Image
- Understanding dress codes
- Suit fitting for men
- Correct style and fit for women
- Power dressing for Work and Social Events
- Styling Do’s and Don’ts
Home and Business Entertaining and Dining
- Cutlery Navigation
- Table Set-Up
- Dining Do’s and Don’ts
- Different types of Service
- Different Dining styles
- Asian Dining
- Chopsticks Use
- Restaurant Entertaining
- Home Entertaining
- Hospitality Limits
- Seating guests
- Paying for the cheque/bill