Email & Telephone Etiquette
The Telephone & Email Etiquette Course focus’ on the critical role individuals play in building customer loyalty and creating positive customer service experiences.
The course is appropriate for receptionists and call centre staff. The receptionist’s telephone skills is the first impression customers have of your business. Ensure your receptionist or call centre agent creates a professional impression of your company.
The topics that will be discussed is as follows:
- Discuss common errors in written English, and how to avoid them
- Introducing the basics of Email Etiquette.
- Describe standard telephone etiquette on answering calls, transferring calls and making calls
- Stress the importance of acknowledging customers and keeping them informed of reasons for delays
- Instances when sending email is necessary and appropriate
- Prepare all necessary documentation and equipment prior to making outgoing calls
- Decide whether to transfer a call to another person or help the person themselves
- Ask probing questions to find out the purpose of the call, and transfer to another person who might be more able to assist
- Using proper email conventions such as effective subject lines, professional greetings, and readable formatting
- Taking messages for others
- How to take a detailed message
- Deal with incoming and outgoing calls in a polite manner
- Deal with calls quickly and politely, keeping other calls holding as little as possible
- What is my role as front desk operator / receptionist / telephonist?
- Inviting Customers into the business with your superior telephone/email skills
- Developing an understanding of Customer Requirements
- Understanding items they should never send electronically.
When it comes to business, regardless of mode of communication used, professionalism and courtesy never go out of style.
This course provides skills and tools to create memorable service experiences resulting in greater customer loyalty and successful customer centric organizations.