The Secret To Being Charismatic
We all know someone that has the ability to captivate absolutely everyone they come into contact with. No matter what they look like or how much money they have, these people can simply walk into a room and instantly be the center of attention. That is known as being charismatic.
Now for those of you panicking as you come to the realization that you aren’t that person, don’t you worry. The good news is, charisma is something you learn, not something you’re born with. In fact some of the most charismatic men in history have honed these skills to make it seem effortless.
Below is a list of all the secrets you need to know, to help you on your journey to becoming more Charismatic:
- Eye Contact & Smiling – Yes, this sounds really obvious but you do have to do it too. Charismatic people are often very charming, and the most charming attribute everyone has is their smile. If you actually try smiling more you’ll discover how differently people respond to you. Couple that with decent eye contact and you’re already halfway there.
- Be Fully Present – Most people tend to listen selectively to what appeals to them. The key to being charismatic is to listen actively to what each person is saying, and engage with what has been said.
- Be socially free and authentic – The most important point on this list of secrets, is to be unapologetically yourself. When you are overly concerned about what other people may think, you often act in reaction to what you think they might say or do. This prevents your natural authenticity from coming to the surface.
- Listen way more than you talk – The most charming conversationalists always listen more than they speak. That’s all it takes to show that charisma. Listening shows you care a lot more than offering advice, because when you offer advice in most cases you make the conversation about you, not them.
- Be Optimistic – Charismatic people have the ability to appear optimistic and see the positive in other people, situations and events. Not only do they see the best in things, but they have the capability to encourage others to adopt their point of view.
Ultimately being charismatic is about making other people feel good. This is achieved by being more free and humble socially, by being fully there, by being positive, open and confident.
The challenge is bringing out more of these positive qualities in yourself and even more importantly in other people. Each one of us has these skills, you just need to focus on making them stronger and bringing them out more consistently.