Business Etiquette Level 2 – Assertiveness and Effective Communication
Do you find it difficult to express your wants, ideas and feelings in a way that is direct and honest, without suppressing your feelings, or putting others down?
- Do you ever hear yourself saying “Yes” when what you really want to say is “No?”
- Do you take the “easy” option to avoid conflict?
- Do you worry that if you say “No” you will damage a valuable relationship or cause an argument?
Have you ever left a conversation and thought later, ‘I should have said that’ or rather ‘I shouldn’t have said that’?
Learning how to be assertive ensures that you are better able to match the needs and wants of somebody else with those of your own. This helps you equip yourself with the right techniques to handle high-pressure or conflict situations without creating an inflamed situation.
Being assertive creates a safe environment where you can share your thoughts in a safe, non-discriminating manner whilst allowing the other person to share their thoughts and ideas in a comfortable and open space.
Being assertive entails the following:
– Standing up for you rights
– Not allowing people to take advantage of you
– Honestly and appropriately expressing your feelings
– Gain self-confidence and self-esteem
– Understanding and recognize your feelings
– Earning respect from others
– Improving communication
– Creating win-win situations
– Improving your decision-making skills
– Creating honest relationships
– Gaining more job satisfaction
Who should learn how to more assertive?
– People working in a team
This course is an absolute must for those who need to maintain, and create a flawless verbal impression in the diverse environments one finds oneself in.
Business Etiquette Level 1 deals primarily with physical behaviour ensuring you have a full suite of professional and confident behaviours in any environment. This level 2 training now helps you to perfect the entire impression by learning how to manage your verbal impression.
This course explores the following topics:
– Presenting clear messages
– Assertive Body Language
– Conversational Intelligence
– Emotional Intelligence
– Closing conversations
– Handling difficult people and situations
– Practising The Art of Saying No
– Behavioural Frameworks
– Moving awkward situations forward
– Managing conflict